Want to try the demo for yourself? Download it here.
Over the past 11 months, new additions to the engine have included:
- Music and sound effects via the Audiere sound library
- A custom scripting language used both to control game events and logic and construct game assets such as characters and equipment
- A turn-based strategy RPG combat system with basic enemy AI
- Animated battle cutscenes that show the results of each engagement playing out on the battlefield
- A more robust system of windows and menus that tie the game together
- Some slides (.pdf) discussing some of these features in more detail are available here.