Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Exciting Changes Ahead!

I have some great news to share!  I've been accepted to Carnegie Mellon University's Entertainment Technology Center graduate program!  I'll be working very hard towards earning a Master of Entertainment Technology degree over the next two years.  First semester begins tomorrow!  It's very exciting.  I have several friends who are graduates from this program who all speak very highly of it, and it was their tales that inspired me to reach for the stars and apply.

What does this mean going forward?  Odds are, you'll be seeing a lot fewer SFPC updates, but with any luck and a little free time (I hear that's in very short supply for ETC students!) you'll see some new posts on some much bigger and much different projects that I'll be working on in the months ahead.

For those of you who have been eagerly following my progress on SFPC, please know that the project remains very important to me and I intend to work on it more in the future when I have the time.  All my hard work on SFPC was what earned me this opportunity, and I don't intend to abandon it.  Ultimately this is a very good thing for the project.  I'll be making lots of new friends I could possibly recruit to help out with graphics, sound, or code.  My own skills will undoubtedly grow far greater and I'll be much better equipped to make SFPC even better.

And with that, I'm off to have my world turned upside down and inside out, and have my mind blown.  Wish me luck!

1 comment: